"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I come that they may have life, and have it abundantly." When this verse comes to my mind several emotions sweep over me. One of them being anger at the enemy. This verse says it all about him. He wants nothing but to destroy the work of Jesus here on earth, destroy His children, prevent people from coming to know Him, and keep those who do know Him from growing and from being an effective witness. The enemy also wants to destroy our families. For this reason, I PRAY for my family, especially my children for they do not have a saving knowledge yet of Jesus Christ. Pray for your family and your children so that the enemy does not get his filthy grip on their lives. IT IS SO IMPORTANT!!!!!! Brad and I are already and have been teaching Macy and Mara about God's word and the importance of sharing it with others. Today in the car Macy started singing, "Nothing But the Blood of Jesus" and Brad was able to get it on video. (maybe I can figure out how to get in on here!) Her Mission Friends class at church gave them the "assignment" to learn that hymn and to be able to come back to class and sing it. What a wonderful assignment that was! I downloaded a version of the hymn on my iPhone and Macy has sung it ever since! Such great theology in that song and I am thrilled that my 3 and 2 year old girls can sing it! Point being......pray the Word, sing the Word, live the Word, so your children will grow and learn to love the Lord then they will accept the abundant life the Lord has for them one day!
Great message Karrie! That song does preach... Maybe your girls can teach it to all the rest of the children this summer. :)
ReplyDelete