"The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; there fore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. " Luke 10:2

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Here we go again.....

Sorry to those who have pointed out that I have not blogged in while! I have had just a tad bit going on! :) Now that I have time and the internet access to type wherever I please, I will appease the curious minds of my loved friends and family!

We are again in another transition time en route to our final job/destination. The past 8 and 1/2 weeks we have been in training for the new job we had the awesome opportunity to accept this past Spring. Our lives have been in a whirl wind since! Our training took place in the beautiful state of Virginia! As we drove home to Cleveland, TN today, where Brad and I both were raised, I wondered at the spectacular rolling hills and greenery that will no longer be a part of my everyday life as we make our move to Africa. As we traveled through a small town on the side of the highway that was devastated by a tornado I wondered, "Are there even tornados where I will be going?" I know there will be something called the Harmatan. Look it up if you like sand. :)

We have came back to Cleveland, TN to visit and spend time with our family the last 12 days that we have in the states. I hope to get much accomplished but also to take time to spend time with my precious family and enjoy each second I have with them. I also want my girls to spend as much time with their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins as possible! I am not sure what is going on in Macy and Mara's little heads. All I know is that they are a little confused. They have both had some kind of stomach virus causing diarrhea and have been whiny which makes it a tad bit harder. Thank goodness Macy's cleared up before we drove home to Cleveland and that Mara's started right after we got home today. As I was changing Mara and gently hugging my little girl, she says, "Mommy, I want to go home." Of course I am torn because I genuinely don't know where she is talking about now. Is it our Memphis house, our Memphis apartment, Mimi or Papaw's house, or the training center in Virginia that she is talking about? I try to comfort her as best I can and assure her that we are going home to Mimi and Papaw's house for the time being. She then proceeds to get down and play happily with her sister and cousins.

Kids adjust well to transition. I am doing pretty well myself but sometimes the bags under my eyes beg to tell a differing story. I can only speak for myself and not for Brad, but these past couple of months have been emotional, with every emotion surfacing at some point or another. Plus, to not have your own bed to sleep in can reek havoc on one's body, especially if you have been sleeping on a sleep number bed for the past 4 years and now sleep on one that is not. :) My sleep number comrades I am assuming are nodding their heads in agreement right now in compassion for me. Just kidding! Don't fear, though, it is one of the things we crated!!! The day my sleep number bed arrives in Africa will be GREAT!!!! :)

So....you ask, "What have you learned and what have you done these past 8.5 weeks?" EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN. I have had training of all sorts and feel that my tool box for the field in spilling over. One of these AWESOME new skills I have learned and have hidden away in my tool box, for the meantime, is the art of killing a chicken. A REAL LIVE CHICKEN. It was not as bad as I thought it was and even my girls (yes they watched) were not in the least bit freaked out. They like to EAT chicken. So do I. So does Brad. End of Story. :) My friend Lindy in the picture with me I am not so sure about though. She may never eat chicken again after this experience! Poor little chicken. We did cook it and take it and all its yumminess to a cookout that next evening too!

While we were there we also were surrounded by so many people who are now dear and close friends to our family. I will always be thankful to HIM for allowing me to spend time with this wonderful group of brothers and sisters in Christ.
Since we were not with our family for Macy's birthday our new "family" so graciously came to the birthday party that we threw Macy on August the 21st. Her birthday is actually August 22nd but we went ahead and celebrated on that Sunday since we had classes all day on the 22nd. As you can see my beautiful girl was beaming with happiness and was thrilled to have had a great 4th birthday party (except when everyone sang happy birthday to her).

On our last full day at the training center everyone's friends and family came to a special ceremony. I was fortunate enough to have my family there! My mom and dad came up to see us and helped us carry all of our "stuff" back to Cleveland, TN today. What a blessing to have wonderful, loving parents that would do anything for me!


We were also surprised when we saw Jim and Becky Livingston sitting in the auditorium when we were being seated!! My eyes welled up with tears knowing that Kirby Woods had representatives at this service! We love our church family so very much and miss them! It was refreshing seeing part of the body of Christ that we have worshipped with for so many years!


Love and blessings to all! More posts and pictures to come soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment