
Macy loves her some yogurt! When we first left Memphis she was heart broken over the fact that we could not visit Yogurt Mountain anymore. It was so conveniently close to our house there that we stopped probably weekly!
On March 15th Brad and Mara joined us here in Kenya! Because Macy enjoyed the Giraffe Park so much and it is not something you can do everyday, we took Brad and Mara back to it! Giraffes are now my favorite animals! They are so beautiful and such a majestic creation ofour Father! Although, they do have the slimiest spit and it would hang off of their mouths and touch the floor. Ugh.
The workers hand you a handful of giraffe food and small carrot pieces and you get to feed them! You are only supposed tofeedthem one piece at a time but sometimes it was hard to keep them from getting all of them!

Mara loves giraffes and I wish you could here her pronounce it! It is sooooo cute! She was super excited to get to see the Giraffes but was not that fond of feeding them or getting too close! In this next picture she was clinging on to Brad and he was not even holding onto her! Bless her heart!

She would do her best impersonation of the giraffes though!

One of the ways to feed a giraffe is to hold the food in your mouth and let the giraffe "kiss" you. Brad was all for this. I am a little on the conservative side and would not brave doing this. ugh. It did make for a good laugh though!


We also took the time to visit the Nairobi National Museum, which was pretty neat! I felt as if the girls were on exhibit at times and actually had to ask some school age girls (high school age) to take their hands off of Mara. However, the taxidermy animals the museum had were great and the girls (and Brad..a kid at heart) had a tremendous time!

Macy loved the butterflies and all the birds that were on display too!


One of the things we have enjoyed the most about Kenya is all the beautiful greenery and flowers that are here! It is a huge change from being right below the Sahara dessert and then coming to the highlands of Nairobi, Kenya!


I'm sure we will do more fun things while we are here and I will try and post about them! For now, I am grateful that we are not in our West African country of service and that we are enjoying everything that Kenya has to offer!
What a busy month you've had!!!! I love you all so much. Sending you big hugs from MABTS & KWBC!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you are getting a chance to have fun and regroup. We're praying for you as you're navigating the days ahead. Love you all!
ReplyDeleteChristy
That picture of the giraffe tongue on your husband is a great picture of him and his personality. I am sure you know the SB Family in China. I remember the mom telling us that it was frightening to her at times for her children too ...for the same reason you stated.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed my visit to your blog, and would like to include you on my blog list, with your permission. I'm a home school/stay at home Mom in the US, and pray that our through our lives we serve our God each day. Your family is beautiful.
ReplyDelete